Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A busy week!

Hello to all,

I am sorry for not posting anything during the last week, but it has been an intense couple of days. I have been assigned a great team in JP Morgan, working on US Equity Derivatives, where (in plain english) I will be pricing and reporting on financial products such as options, futures, swaps, structured notes and more.
I have gone through extensive training in the Microsoft Suite. Extensive enough that I have learned how to utilize excel without laying a finger on the mouse! In addition to this I have been able to attend several seminars where I have learned much from experts in Investment Banking and I have been able to network with these great people.

Furthermore, I have now moved into my place (Brooklyn Heights)and settled in. The area is peaceful and alive at the same time. There are many ehtnic restaurants, movie theatres, including one that screens independent films only, friendly people and the best view of New York City!
I have a roommate who comes from Florida (Andre) and will be working with Goldman Sachs this summer. He is definitely a great guy and I am really looking forward to what this summer has in store in terms of professional experiences and networking. I am loving the fact that everyone here is so driven and outgoing, allowing me to be at the top of my game and pushing myself at all times.

Well, that is a snapshot of the last week. I will keep you posted on any new developments and if you have any questions do not hesitate to shoot me a line.

Until next time,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment